The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
The Manager – Client Finance is responsible for providing financial leadership for a group of clients including revenue pricing, annual budgeting, monthly close & forecasting, profitability reporting & analysis, client-specific reporting and trade working capital management.
Client Compensation/Pricing (20%)
- Prepare and analyze pricing estimates for Agency retainers and projects ensuring accuracy, adherence to contractual terms and appropriate level of profitability.
- Meet Agency and client-specific reporting requirements ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Perform hourly rate benchmarking.
Plan/Forecast/Close Process (25%)
- Lead the development of annual client financial plans in collaboration with client account teams.
- Prepare and input monthly/quarterly revenue and expense forecast following Agency calendar.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to ensure proper revenue and client expense recognition in accordance with revenue recognition guidelines and monthly close schedule.
- Analyze and explain any revenue and client direct expense variances against annual plan/forecast/prior year.
Client Profitability (35%)
- Prepare and analyze monthly P&L
- Monitor and analyze client direct expenses identifying opportunities to improve client related costs.
- Maintain ongoing client staffing matrix and reports on a monthly/quarterly basis as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc client analysis as directed by supervisor.
Trade Working Capital Management (15%)
- Manage all TWC components to achieve established targets.
- Oversee billing analyst to ensure invoicing is accurate, timely, and issued in accordance with client contractual billing guidelines.
- Update account teams on TWC issues driving for follow-up as needed.
- Resolve and escalate TWC issues as required.
- Understand key financial terms of client contract and works to ensure Agency compliance.
- Participate in client audits as needed and special client requests as directed by supervisor.
- Monitor and action missing time for client portfolio.
- If applicable, assist with coordination of Finance team assignments, including training and development.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of relevant work experience with preference for service industry background
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, high level Excel functionality expected
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting, financial modeling
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders to drive performance-oriented decision making
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficient with NetSuite a plus
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.