Director of Revenue Growth, North America
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
DIRECTOR OF REVENUE GROWTH, NORTH AMERICA
The Director of Revenue Growth (DRG), North America, Braintree is an important role, contributing to propel the NA sales organization towards fulfilling its revenue goals, and delivering a path for accelerated growth across the Large Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB segments. The goal of the DRG is to retain and grow the revenue of Braintree’s Existing Merchant Base in North America. The DRG manages Braintree North America Account Management Teams across segments to achieve customer success, revenue retention and growth goals.
This full-time position is based in Chicago, IL and reports directly into the Vice President of Worldwide Sales, Braintree.
- Lead best-in-class Customer Success practice and help foster company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Continuously refine strategy and operating model for Account Management / Customer Success, including roles and responsibilities, customer segmentation, coverage model and engagement model
- Manage Braintree NA Account Management teams, including hiring & developing best talents
- Personally build executive relationships with top merchants, lead critical commercial negotiations
- Coach and support Team Managers and be their escalation point
- Relentlessly monitor and manage customer health to identify churn risk early and drive higher retention
- Establish and implement growth strategies to exceed Year-over-Year Revenue Growth Target
- Drive additional business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Develop trusted partnerships with internal stakeholders to support retention and growth strategies
- Manage a rigorous upsell sales pipeline and process for new products & additional processing volume
- Continuously enhance the team’s Payments Expertise to deliver most value to Braintree Merchants
- Ensure Voice of Customer into the Braintree Product Organization
- Communicate and collaborate globally with Braintree/PayPal Customer Success & Sales leaders
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 10+ years experience in leading sales/ account management organizations in the payment’s ecosystem
- Demonstrated track record of overachieving revenue goals
- BA/BS degree in Business or related field
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!