Director, Corporate Accounting
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Director, Corporate Accounting at GTI, you will be responsible for leading GTI’s financial reporting process, as well as reviewing and preparing internal and external financial statements. GTI is a fast-growing, publicly traded company, and in this role you’ll be responsible for leading GTI’s technical accounting functionality, owning internal and regulatory reporting, and acting as the company's primary point of contact for external auditors.
- Lead the preparation of periodic filing for quarterly and annual CSE requirements, registration statements and standalone financial statements
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, including elimination of intercompany balances and transactions
- Manage the preparation and distribution of financial statements and reports in partnership with GTI’s key stakeholders
- Work closely with the GTI external auditors, and provide necessary materials and reporting as required
- Perform business combination accounting
- Understand the GTI post-merger integration strategy for acquired operations.
- Research and resolve day-to-day financial reporting issues, and assist with the resolution of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of IFRS and CSE reporting requirements
- Provide insightful financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and budget/prior period results and present findings to senior management
- 8+ years of corporate accounting, 4+ years in public accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required, Masters degree strongly preferred, CPA required
- 4+ years progressive accounting experience from Big 4 or similar. Public experience and in-house experience is preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills in GAAP, IFRS, and public company reporting requirements
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description