Title: Data Scientist
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
What you’ll do:
Optiver is looking for Data Scientists in our Chicago office. Ideal candidates will leverage proven abilities in statistical analysis and data mining to develop new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. They will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists will collaborate with Traders to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
• Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
• Apply sophisticated statistical methodologies in order to enhance existing trading strategies
• Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
• Collaborate with Senior Traders and Data Analysts to develop strategies based on identified patterns
• Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
• 0 to 2 years of work experience, preferably within the financial services industry
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with a programming language, preferably Python, C or R
• Solid understanding of basic statistics
• The ability to think independently and work collaboratively
• The willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
• Ability to communicate clearly with Traders and Developers
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
25 days’ vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room and more!