RedShelf prides itself on having a fun and competitive environment. Our team is passionate, entrepreneurial-minded, and always goes the extra mile to get the job done right. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing, start-up with an extensive client base and a proven track record of success.
The RedShelf Controller is a self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves, accounting leader. They will be responsible for owning and leading the entire accounting function including financial reporting, ensuring financial compliance, and KPIs. Our ideal Controller is highly analytical and possesses an inquisitive mindset with the ability to learn quickly and provide key insight in our fast-paced setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and oversee general accounting activities including monthly close, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP as well as corporate policies and procedures
- Oversee the coordination of the annual external audit and tax filings
- Potentially lead team in the transition of accounting systems software
- Analyze and dissect financial and performance data, highlighting trends, and developing KPIs to measure performance for the company by team, client, and product
- Supervise RedShelf’s Accounting team including creating schedules, assigning tasks, performance management, and leadership training
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, Master’s is a plus
- A CPA or CMA designation is required
- Experience with early stage/start up environment is preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience, including at least four years in a supervisory role
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – must be an Excel Ninja
- Experience with Accounting Systems, QuickBooks and Xero is preferred
- Expert knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statement preparation, analysis, and reporting
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth, providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. The company’s goal is to give students access to course materials with much more functionality and at a much lower price than physical books. To do that, we partner with more than 600+ educational bookstores and publishers, offering students content at a 60 percent discount compared to the paper versions of the books.
Besides our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent on and offsite events including video game tournaments, intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.