Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant is looking for a new analyst to join the 20-person Compliance team in Chicago. You will be primarily responsible for assisting with state regulatory audits and conducting regulatory risk assessments, while also providing general second line regulatory compliance monitoring and testing support. This role may also entail support of other compliance functions including compliance reporting, vendor management, and bank partner audits.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations including but not limited to TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN and BSA. You will work with multiple business units to analyze regulatory requirements, calibrate business functions using a risk-based approach, to ultimately ensure proper adherence to applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
What you do at Avant
- Participate in regulatory and bank partner examinations and audits
- Analyze audit requests, pull applicable data, and formulate reports, responses and presentations
- Collaborate with various business units to enhance the existing regulatory risk assessment framework, identify controls and gaps in business rules and processes, and assemble findings in reports to senior management and bank partners
- Perform targeted regulatory testing to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Review controls established by business owners for effectiveness
- Ensure compliance function calibrations are aligned with areas of regulatory risk
- Prepare formal reporting to senior management and the Compliance Committee
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA/BS required
- 1-3 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience
- Strong background in federal and state consumer finance laws
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and deliver detailed reports to management
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners and state regulators
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description