Business Operations Analyst
StratEx is a HR service company that enables organizations to untether themselves with the highly manual aspects of the employee life cycle by providing game-changing software; we provide them sleep at night insurance by ensuring they maintain compliance with the ever-changing labor law landscape; and we provide practical HR support for companies who want us to “manage” the HR function.
Culture plays a major role at StratEx. We hire employees with a high degree of emotional intelligence; people who love solving problems; and individuals who don’t take themselves too seriously. At StratEx everyone is held accountable – but we strongly encourage our team members to push back when appropriate, and to never simply accept the answer “because this is the way we always do it”.
As a Business Operations Analyst, your key focus and mission will be to cultivate and process business insights to better inform senior business leaders future decisions. You must be a dedicated self-starter who is collaborative, inquisitive and willing to embrace the challenges that come with a growing organization. In this role you will be a strategic partner to all facets of the organization and a valued participant in the future growth of the organization.
Core Focus and Essential Functions:
- Work cross-functionally to identify key metrics and prioritize business problems
- Drive change through analysis tackling tough questions from business and technical teams and summarizing your findings in a clear and actionable fashion for key stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Work with Business Unit Leaders to develop and maintain a scalable KPI reporting cadence
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- MS Excel expertise
- Interpersonal communication
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Emotional intelligence
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience
- An Excel wizard and comfortable working with large data sets.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time while working
- Due to collaborative nature of role, must be able to work out of our HQ office in downtown Chicago
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at StratEx are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.