Business Intelligence Analyst
Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in 22 major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
Our data science & analytics team is changing the way Fooda uses data. Do you want to get in on the ground floor of an analytics team at a high growth startup? The company has placed a huge strategic focus on building out our data science and analytics capabilities and you will be core to this growth. The team is responsible for all reporting & analytics for the company, partnering closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Operations to drive innovative analytic solutions.
Will you join us?
Position Opportunities and Responsibilities:
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will work with the Data Science and Analytics team to drive and evolve the reporting and analytics solution at Fooda. You will have the ability to own analytics decision making and reporting to enable Fooda to become a world-class data driven organization.
- Use SQL and Data Visualization tools to develop a scalable and efficient analytical environment and support a rapidly growing business
- Govern and own data that drives stakeholders’ perception of the organization, which involves diving in and addressing questions and root causes of issues that arise within the data
- Assist in the requirements gathering, design and development of complex dashboards, visualizations and metrics using leading business intelligence software
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, such as business departments and engineering teams, to provide a cohesive analytics environment and align reporting goals with company goals
- 2+ years experience working in Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Experience using SQL to perform complex data analysis in an enterprise data warehouse
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with large scale data warehouse and database platforms using SQL and a Business Intelligence visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, Domo, Qlikview, etc.)
- Attention to detail and the ability to think critically and solve problems using analytical and quantitative methodologies
- Strong oral/written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate and translate difficult analytical problems to stakeholders with minimal analytics background
- Ability to work effectively and multi-task in a high paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical projects: work prioritization, planning, task delegation, and hitting deadlines
- Experience analyzing and integrating data from external systems into an analytic environment
- Experience diving into data quality and data profiling analysis to ensure data consistency and accuracy across enterprise reporting
- Experience with programing/scripting languages and data science tools (Python, Java, Spark, Jupyter)
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k matching and flexible spending account
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.