Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: Responsibilities include verifying account payable records, reviewing records for accuracy and completeness, preparing invoices, and entering data into the AP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily processing of Accounts Payable invoices and weekly EFT and check runs.
- Ensure timely processing by following-up with appropriate personnel to obtain approvals.
- Assist with month end close and audits.
- Assist with processing of annual 1099s.
- Maintain accurate vendor files.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use computer and key board for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Works in an office environment which may be in small, open, cubicle space
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. If a reasonable accommodation is necessary, the employee must make the request and may be required to provide medical documentation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree; two years minimum of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Internet.
- Minimum 2 years of accounts payable experience.
- Strong math skills.
- JDE Payables experience highly preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be organized and self motivated.
- Ability to work professionally and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.