Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist
About the Company
Are you a self-starter? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for an AR/AP Specialist to join our team! Civis is looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years Account Receivable and / or Accounts Payable experience who will take full ownership of the A/R & A/P functions at a medium size company.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
As an AR/AP Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work with the Accounting team to manage our Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes. You will be reporting to the Accounting Manager. The following are a few tasks that will be performed by this position:
- Prepare and send customer invoices
- Apply payments and reconcile customer accounts
- Resolve outstanding customer billing issues and uncollected payments
- Investigate and resolve vendor disputes
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process employee expense reports
- Prepare excel reports of customer and vendor accounts
- Manage all incoming payables and receivables requests
- Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with processing bi-monthly payroll
- Assist the Accounting team with various other tasks, such as month close, reporting, and bookkeeping.
- Software or technology sector experience a plus
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or other accounting systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you can help to set up systems and processes
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to hit deadlines
- Eager to learn, grow and challenge yourself