Accounts Payable / Payroll Coordinator
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Coordinator is responsible for performing payroll and accounts payable functions along with other finance related tasks.
- Process and audit travel reimbursement reports in compliance with company policies, including communicating and enforcing expense report policies in a professional manner
- Process vendor invoices and purchase orders
- Complete daily data reconciliations
- Complete weekly check process
- Assist in preparing the semi-monthly payroll
- Preparing paychecks, including computation and calculations of overtime, bonus, vacation, retroactive, new hire pay and termination pay
- Review and reconcile time entries
- Processes employee data changes including W4 and direct deposit changes
- Create and distribute pay documents and reports
- Be the first level support for employee questions and issues
- Perform miscellaneous data entry, posting and filing assignments
- Process documentation
- Present expense report training at new hire orientations
- Respond to audit requests
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Detail oriented, and ability to multi-task in a deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration/interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow through on initiatives for complete resolution
- Ability to work independently and also effectively within a team.
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Must be a self-starter and have a strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient at MS Office, especially Excel and Word
- Be a critical thinker with the ability to recognize and proactively solve problems, independently
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete them timely. Flexibility in working hours a must, specifically during payroll deadlines.
- Proactively communicate to manager any identified business issues and possible ways to resolve them
- Understand pay related calculations including proper taxation of pay types and employee/employer benefits
- College Degree, Finance/Accounting emphasis preferred
- 1 to 3 years of work experience required, in related area preferred
- Experience with ADP, PeopleSoft Financial System and Concur is beneficial