Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and event organizers think about and run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Tock was founded with the idea there was a better way for guests to book reservations. Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star, and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Nick started work on a crude reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of September):
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 20 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over $337 million in prepaid reservations
Tock is looking for a methodical accountant to join our team and work closely with our CFO.
You’ll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
What we're looking for
- Current CPA designation strongly preferred
- 4+ years accounting experience, with specific experience in GAAP
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Accounting
- Strong work ethic, high level of professionalism and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with accounting system implementations preferred
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheet experience
What you’ll do
Ensure smooth financial operations:
- Lead daily accounting activities and ensure adherence to financial reporting processes, including documentation of new processes.
- Have functional responsibility for A/P, A/R, G/L, and treasury.
- Audit bi-weekly payroll and monthly commissions payroll with HR.
- Lead preparation for the annual audit, valuations, and any other projects.
Prepare financial reports/forecasts in accordance with GAAP and communicate results to management:
- Prepare reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and financial projections.
- Collaborate with CFO and others for monthly and quarterly board reporting & meeting materials.
- Direct the monthly close and reconciliation process.
- Consider options for accounting software transition from Quickbooks Online to Intacct, or similar.
Responsible for maintaining compliance:
- Work collaboratively and cost-effectively with our tax accounting firm to maintain compliance with State & Local Tax requirements
- Lead preparation for annual tax return(s)
- Maintain insurance requirements and explore options to efficiently insure the Company as it continues to grow
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Pre-tax transit benefit
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap
- BYOD (bring your own dog) to work
- West Loop office location