higi is a population health enablement company that empowers consumers to measure, track, and act on their health numbers – blood pressure, pulse, weight, BMI, body composition, hydration -- through easily accessed higi self-screening health stations currently found at over 11,000 retail locations.
Healthcare organizations connect to their consumers through higi to activate them in their health and to help them monitor their health data. In turn, healthcare organizations use higi to identify and act on areas of risk, close care gaps, and improve chronic condition management.
By empowering consumer self-management and more effectively connecting consumers to their trusted providers, higi makes it easier for people to be their healthiest while enabling better care at lower cost.
Learn more at https://higi.com
Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced startup that defines the next generation of consumer healthcare engagement?
Accepting applications for Higsters!
higi is looking for an Accounting Manager to build out our Finance team. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the day to day accounting function and the month-end close process. The role will report to the Controller and will work closely with the CFO. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical accounting background and the flexibility to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details and wear many hats as part of an exciting and growing company.
- Responsible for the month-end close process, including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis related to key accounts such as cash, fixed assets, prepaid assets, accrued expenses, and intercompany balances
- Prepare consolidated monthly financial statements
- Perform daily accounting tasks, including full-cycle accounts payable, customer invoicing and collections, and corporate expense policy monitoring
- Assist with property tax and sales tax reporting and remittance
- Document, perform and continuously improve internal control policies and procedures
- Research technical accounting issues, prepare policy memos, and ensure that company policies are in compliance with GAAP
- Support with income tax compliance and annual external audit
- Partner with the Controller and CFO with ad-hoc projects related to finance system implementations, budgeting, and forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA required
- 4+ years of accounting experience, with a mixture of public accounting and industry experience
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Experience with SaaS business is preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks, Intacct/Netsuite is a plus
- Highly proficient in Excel, including VLOOKUP, SUMIF, pivot tables, etc.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Benefits Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life, Short Term, and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time
- Paid Gym Membership
- Office Happy hours, ping pong table, pool table, foosball, shuffle board
This is a full-time position that requires a presence in Chicago (no remote workers please) and only for US citizens or Permanent Residents. CONTRACTORS, TELECOMMUTERS, PART-TIME APPLICANTS AND RECRUITERS PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING.