RedShelf was built to improve education. Working with the higher education community, we design products to make course materials more affordable, accessible and engaging for students everywhere. Our partnerships with leading academic publishers and institutions mean we get to make a direct impact on the education system through innovative technology.
What is the job?
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for preparing, issuing, and processing invoices, bills, and payments, as well as maintaining financial records of customers. This is an excellent opportunity for a goal-orientated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly reconciliation of customer and vendor statements
- Completion of monthly billing
- Accounts payable processing
- Purchase order processing
- Work closely with the customer experience team to process requests
- Assist with corporate credit card and employee reimbursement auditing and code/track receipts monthly
- Keeping customer and vendor contact information organized and current
- Receives and post payments, complete deposits, and ensure the deposit balances with cash received and posted
- Accounts receivable monthly follow-up
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Accounting Systems; experience with QuickBooks and Xero is preferred
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting terminology
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
What do we have to offer?
RedShelf's team is passionate, entrepreneurial-minded and serious about making an impact in higher ed. We are committed to our mission of improving education, and that commitment flows through in everything we do.
We offer an engaging office culture and frequent onsite and offsite events including video game tournaments, intermural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more. We also provide our team with competitive compensation packages including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.