Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer
Position: COO EA
Location: Chicago, Loop
Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with nearly 400 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers.
Since the company launched in 2013, Raise has saved millions of consumers more than $140 million and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for COO including; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; copying, reviewing outside mail, scanning and filing documents, screening phone calls and visitors, updating Outlook contacts, maintaining executive files, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining the cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communications needed for primary contacts.
- Effectively manage Board of Directors related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience reporting to c-suite executives in an EA role
- Company start-up experience preferred
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Positive attitude
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success where personal results and accountability are evident.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role.
- We are headquartered in Chicago with a new office in New York City. There may be light travel involved depending on business needs.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Competitive PTO
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V