What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You Do:
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant (EA) to provide personalized administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner for a senior executive and immediate team. This EA will work on a team basis on a variety of tasks assisting with expenses and booking international travel for the team, and organizing the executive and team calendars. The successful candidate must be an independent thinker, able to prioritize, and be proactive in managing the executive’s tasks and experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs. (Gmail/Docs, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Act as the point of contact between the executive and team. Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, taking messages, routing correspondence, and handling requests and queries appropriately.
- Be proactive in maintaining executive’s calendar appointments by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel. Be very familiar with global timelines to facilitate this effort.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to keep the team accountable to executing on deadline
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and electronic filing system
- Conserve executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complete projects directly or by assigning to the executive’s leadership team and follow up on results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop and utilize historical information; and provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes. Take notes and enter data as appropriate.
- B.S. in Management or related field
- 3+ years administrative support or executive assistance
- Strong ability and willingness to work in a dedicated and expanded team environment
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or in other executive support positions
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Google docs, calendar and gmail proficiency
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Up-to-date with advancements in office gadgets and applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- High level organizing, planning, oral, and written communications skills
- Problem solving ability
- Independent thinker and ability to self-manage