Web Developer (Front End)
higi is a population health enablement company that empowers consumers to measure, track, and act on their health numbers – blood pressure, pulse, weight, BMI, body composition, hydration -- through easily accessed higi self-screening health stations currently found at over 11,000 retail locations.
Healthcare organizations connect to their consumers through higi to activate them in their health and to help them monitor their health data. In turn, healthcare organizations use higi to identify and act on areas of risk, close care gaps, and improve chronic condition management.
By empowering consumer self-management and more effectively connecting consumers to their trusted providers, higi makes it easier for people to be their healthiest while enabling better care at lower cost.
Learn more at https://higi.com
Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced startup that defines the next generation of consumer healthcare engagement?
Accepting applications for Higsters!
Through an assortment of platforms, including health stations, mobile apps, and a website, higi works to raise consumer awareness, incentivize adoption of healthy behaviors, and improve life overall. We are looking for an experienced candidate with strong skills in modern web application development to work on our health station interface and our web-based products.
- Work closely with the product team to build quality software using modern front-end technologies
- Participate in the technical design, implementation and testing for releases
- Anticipate business needs and propose efficient technology solutions to requirements
- Strong ES6 skills
- Strong React skills
- Strong HTML5/CSS3 skills
- Experience with calling and consuming APIs
- Strong unit testing skills
- Redux experience is a plus
- Flow/TypeScript experience is a plus
- AngularJS experience is a plus
- NodeJS experience is a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Benefits Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life, Short Term, and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time
- Paid Gym Membership
- Office Happy hours, ping pong table, pool table, foosball, shuffle board
This is a full-time position that requires a presence in Chicago (no remote workers please) and only for US citizens or Permanent Residents. CONTRACTORS, TELECOMMUTERS, PART-TIME APPLICANTS AND RECRUITERS PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING. higi is a EOE.