Digital ads drive over 100 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses every year… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers visibility and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
Thanks to smartphones, consumers are calling businesses to engage in conversations at record rates throughout every step of the customer journey, and at DialogTech we are changing the world of voice communications for our customers. We enable our customers to better attribute, route, personalize, and handle their voice interactions at each stage of the marketing and sales processes.
The team you’d lead:
We’re looking for a creative VP of Software Engineering to lead the technology leadership in the development, implementation and support of DialogTech’s products. This position requires extraordinary technical acumen prior engineering management experience with a track record of leading strong engineers and ability to make effective technical decisions while collaborating multi-functionally. In this role, you will partner with Product Management to drive the ongoing innovation and evolution of our technology product platform and play a pivotal role in ensuring products and align to the organization strategy.
You'll be instrumental in leading, mentoring and developing technical engineers, engineering directors, managers, and team leads including the onboarding, mentoring and career development of our staff. You will evaluate, refine, and document processes and procedures for Software Engineering. Additionally you will be making significant contributions to our technology architecture evolution.
- Leads strategic technological planning by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Lead Software Engineering, and work collaboratively with Product, Infrastructure, Sales and Operations.
- Ensures continuous delivery of technical and support services with end users and monitoring of systems and software performance.
- Contributes collaboratively within a creative and dynamic environment to ensure design and delivery of high quality, scalable and innovative, configurable solutions that implement to high standards for architecture, security, privacy, and standard methodologies.
- Builds relationships, drives strategy development, project management, problem solving and leads operation initiatives.
- Develops processes for the direction and control of product development activities.
The must haves:
- Experience leading teams using agile methodologies, or post-agile methodologies, or post-agile methodologies (Scrum, Kahn Bahn, XP, GROWS, or similar)
- 5+ years of experience managing Product Development Software Engineering teams, with at least 3 years in a management position.
- Experience using Automation tools such as: CI/CD Pipeline.
- High performance systems with a focus on throughput and latency.
- Advanced social skills with the ability to get along with all levels of management.
- Experience working in/or leading a continuous delivery or continuous deployment pipeline.
- Experience with Machine learning/Forecasting.
- Knowledge of Marketing Technology.
- Familiar with ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB, Rabbit MQ, SQS, or Kinesis.
- Experience with SaaS and Multitennant architectures.
- Knowledge of server virtualization tools (VMWare, Docker, etc.)
If you're seeking a career-changing opportunity to be the pillar in Software Engineering, look no further. You understand what growth and change feels like and you adopt them rather than run from them.
At Dialog Tech, we hire SWANs, Smarter than average, hard Working, Ambitious, and Nice – we want the best on our team and in turn we give the best. Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 9 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.