Vice President, Enterprise Architecture
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The VP, Enterprise Architecture is a critical leader in our Product & Technology organization. This highly visible member of the technology leadership team will be the spiritual leader of our development community – ensuring that we are constantly evaluating the evolving technology landscape and translating appropriate solutions to technical strategies.
Equally important will be to engage and enable the development community to expand our technical practices and capabilities.
This position requires an intellectually curious technologist with commitment to exceptional results, a deep desire for continuous improvement and the ability to influence – and learn – within a deeply collaborative culture. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Are you the leader we are looking for?
Who you are:
• Delivery leader with strong history of software transformation
• Great listener with an intuitive ability to understand large systems
• Agile learner able to simplify the complex
• Passionate technologist with a natural willingness to push the boundaries
• Influencer interested in organizing and engaging a broad developer community to institutionalize and expand best-in-class technical practices
• Big thinker with the intellectual horsepower to connect the dots and see around corners
• Curious about everything with an insatiable thirst to understand why
• Committed to big dreams and dogmatic about starting small
• A hacker who is always tinkering with a side project
How we work:
• Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
• Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
• Customers at the center of everything we do
• Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
• Bias towards continuous delivery and learning
• Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
What we offer:
• A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
• Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
• Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
• A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
• A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
• Demonstrated ability to transform and scale business applications in a rapidly growing, high transaction Enterprise SaaS environment
• 5+ years of executive leadership at a consumer-facing SaaS company
• Demonstrated ability to influence a large development organization
• Experience leading microservices transformation and transforming application stacks
• Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture and developer tools
• Experience building applications using .NET, strongly preferred
• Web Services and web application development experience
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
• Experience with HCM Solutions, a big plus
During the last three months, you would have:
• Aligned the organization on our evolving architectural vision based on changing market needs and advancements in available capabilities
• Guided the development of next generation of platforms that enable speed-to-market, innovation, integration, ease of development, scalability, and availability
• Stayed abreast of the latest and greatest technology advancements and found opportunities to apply new innovation to solutions
• Led POC’s for new technologies
• Organized the Developer Community of Practice, and aligned with Technology Practice Leaders on our evolving technical standards
• Furthered our cloud strategy and application architecture as a competitive advantage
• Presented technical direction and thinking at relevant industry events, re-enforcing Paylocity as a thought leader in HCM software