UX/UI Software Engineer, Cryptocurrency
DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
Candidates should have strong initiative and have proven experience independently driving projects to completion. We work from high-level requirements and programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business and work directly with traders and researchers on a daily basis.
- Working closely with traders, researchers, and other developers to build products that help understand, visualize and interact with large datasets in new and exciting ways.
- Developing full products, from inception to production, including identifying the business needs, user experience, backend processing, production support, and product evangelism.
- Pushing the limits of browser performance by building highly interactive web-based visualizations and/or plug-ins for Chrome.
- Providing on-call production support as needed.
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
Some of the key skills are:
- 3+ years of experience with product management, feature gathering, and UX design
- Experience working with Chrome developer tools
- Experience developing server-side systems in Java, Python, or C++
- Experience developing on Linux and a familiarity with the command line and Bash scripting
- Experience with DevOps or system administration to aid in deployment, load balancing, and troubleshooting is helpful but not required
- Experience with trading systems is helpful but not required
- Experience with implementing security systems (e.g. 2FA, encryption, etc.) is helpful but not required