Team Lead Software Engineer - New York
EMX, is a new programmatic marketplace which offers more powerful media solutions across supply, demand and data to publishers, advertisers, ad tech providers and agencies, including increased efficiencies, heightened transparency and an overall lift in ROI.
EMX combines the services of an automated global marketplace specializing in direct-to-consumer access through technologies like header bidding, with a leading deterministic data and decisioning platform for advertisers and brands. As an integrated business, EMX gives clients access to a unified supply chain providing access to more audiences on all screens, including TV, OOH, mobile and desktop.
Anchored within Engine, EMX is part of an international advertising powerhouse that affords us the ability to be a part of end-to-end marketing solutions for many of the world’s most recognizable brands.
EMX Digital is looking for a Team Lead Software Engineer to manage our client facing development team in New York. As an Engineer, you will develop both dedicated code bases as well as your team to help deliver EMX products and services as we operate in a world where 2 extra milliseconds of latency can make or break.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, have a passion for mentoring, can change direction quickly, and show a passion for learning new technologies will thrive at EMX.
If you have a passion for bringing new concepts to life, and love using the latest open-source technologies, then join us.
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of products and of the engineering team
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to build revolutionary new features into the platform
- Analyze specifications and translate to requirements to task specifications for engineers
- Work closely one-on-one with engineers to give the team the necessary tools to succeed
- Responding promptly and professionally in the event of systems failure
- Stay current with the latest development practices and apply your findings with the team
- Write clean, modular code that is scalable and secure
- Work with a technology stack that includes NodeJS, Angular2+, Vue, D3, Python, Git, AWS, and more!
- BS degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- 4 years' experience using NodeJS is a plus or 2 year's experience using Python.
- 2 years' experience leading or mentoring a technical team.
- Experience building complex, high-frequency applications.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in design, user experience, data structures, algorithms, databases, software design and DevOps.
- Eager to learn new languages, frameworks and tools.
- Recommending architectural optimizations and solutions.
- Experience in Adtech or Fintech is a plus, but not required.
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) employer contributions
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Entertainment and travel discounts
- Family-friendly benefits
- Relaxed dress code
- Collaborative environment
- Shiny new MacBook Air or Pro
- Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry
To all recruitment agencies - not accepting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job's alias, employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.