Team Lead Engineering - Restaurant Platform
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.With 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for a Team Lead - Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership for a key Restaurant facing team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners. Our Team Leads wear a lot of hats - including hands-on coding, mentoring developers, influencing our product vision, and designing our system architecture. We have high standards for code quality, all forms of testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Architect, implement, and test technology solutions at Grubhub
- Motivate and advise technical solutions across multiple cross-functional teams
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices, and technologies. We are always improving the process of building software, we need you to help contribute
- Own your team's sprints, ceremonies, and deliverables committed to each sprint.
- Participate in future product direction
- Act as a technical voice for the restaurant technology group
- Encourage continuous delivery and an experimentation-centered development process
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications(e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Masterful understanding of Java (5+ years experience)
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Masterful understanding of unit testing, version control, and load testing
- Mastery of service and system level architecture
- Experience and deep understanding of how to build distributed and highly-available services
- Experience with AWS and Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience and understanding of Non-Relational Databases
- Understanding Cassandra specifically is a plus
- Understanding and some experience with Frontend frameworks is a plus
- Must be genuinely awesome
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.