We are looking for an experienced Support Engineer to troubleshoot technical issues for employees, support internal tools, advocate for data integrity, and drives solutions for business that will change the mortgage industry completely!
The Financial technology space "Fintech" is booming and Guaranteed Rate is at the center of it. We are growing like crazy, and are one of the most successful Chicago startups. We are focused on automating the mortgage process for consumers. Imagine getting a mortgage with no email, no faxing, no stack of papers in 10 days or less instead of 40 or more! If you have been through the process of buying a home you know how amazing this will be. We are the #8 lender in the country and one of only 2 that is independent (not a bank) so we are in a good spot to win this race. We have already made tremendous strides and we are looking for someone who wants to help us finish the job and disrupt the entire industry.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We are technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a River North office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Game room, library and white board paint for collaboration – yeah, it’s awesome.
- Access to our free GR nurse practitioner. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee.
- Oh and did we mention you get a big fat employee discount on the origination fees to get a new mortgage or refinance thru Guaranteed Rate?
So what do we want from you?
We are looking for a problem solver, for someone who can identify trends, prioritize efficiently, and communicate clearly. Application Support Engineers can confidently navigate the Guaranteed Rate tech stack, own high priority investigations, identify root causes, and stay cool under pressure.
You will also help to:
- Build software tools
- Automate second tier support tasks
- Monitor queues, maintain SLAs, own root cause analysis
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Handle company-wide communications during emergencies
- Provide support for the Guaranteed Rate application environment
- Lead triage for issues originating across the business
- Perform manual regression testing and bug documentation
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience developing web applications
- Mastery of debugging and reading logs; using tools such as Graphite/ELK and Stack/Loggly/Datadog
- Previous support work with transactional environments
- Understanding of Git and common TDD practices
- Familiarity with kubernetes/docker a plus
- Positive communication skills and ability to provide professional and constructive feedback
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to instill product backlog discipline onto the team and manage changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills to help gather and analyze product metrics to measure success and help identify new opportunities
- Be an effective communicator and manage both internal and external requests
- Previous experience in the mortgage industry is a huge plus.
More about Guaranteed Rate…
Guaranteed Rate is the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, the company has approximately 195 offices across the U.S. and is licensed in all 50 states. Since its founding in 2000, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with home purchase loans and refinances and funded nearly $23 billion in loans in 2016 alone. The company has become the Home Purchase Experts® by introducing the world's first Digital Mortgage technology and offering low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Guaranteed Rate won an American Business Award for its Digital Mortgage technology in 2016, ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide's Top Mortgage Lenders 2015, was chosen Top Lender 2016 by Chicago Agent magazine and made the Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces list five of the past six years. Visit rate.com for more information.
Read Full Job Description