Support Developer - Naperville, IL
You are the kind of developer who leaves no stone unturned when fixing a bug or completing a task. You have a knack for detail; especially details that aren’t working the way they should. If something is broken, you go the extra mile to fix it, while looking out for ways to improve it at the same time. You value code quality and reliability. You thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website and digital marketing provider headquartered in Naperville, Illinois with offices across the United States. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
Execution of client requests, bug fixes, updates, and maintenance on production WordPress websites. Working out of our support desk system, you will interact with clients, troubleshoot issues, build custom functionality, address frontend display problems, and be a knowledge resource for teams with less technical background.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, PHP.
- Understanding of WordPress and experience building wordpress themes.
- Familiarity and experience with Git/Mercurial.
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
- Expertise in building and testing responsive sites.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure.
Nice to have:
- Experience with SASS/SCSS.
- Experience with build tools like Grunt or Gulp.
- Any design experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Development work on client websites using our Award-Winning, WordPress based platform.
- Working with our support team, backend developers, and designers to fulfill support requests.
- Turning Photoshop mockups into functioning modules or pages.
- Correct bugs / issues on current sites.
- Building new features or custom functionality on client sites.
- Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.