Staff QA Engineer
- Guide several teams in creation of thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results.
- Collaborate directly with business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to understand system requirements, use cases, and performance considerations
- Work closely with engineering operations and software development teams to drive common automation framework and pipeline test tool improvements
- Implement standard operating procedures and the collection of quality data measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software.
- Drive and participate in department wide testing strategy discussions.
- Facilitate a touchpoint across the organization to ensure best practices and testing strategies are discussed and implemented.
- Coach team members to define, develop, and implement quality assurance best practices, procedures, and test plans within teams and verticals.
- Facilitate a touch point with support organization to ensure that root cause of any production issue is identified and mitigated against future occurrences.
- Actively participate in production issues review and prioritization. Present issues to the development teams to avoid future occurrences.
- Identify scope of regression and quality gate testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality.
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- Experience with automated test frameworks and architecture in a CI/CD and DevOps environment
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong vision for QA architecture as well as QA and test roles and contributions
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 10+ years of experience testing software for commercial-grade systems
- 5+ years of experience in writing automated tests and related programming experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related disciplines, or equivalent of at least ten years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications