SRE Team Lead
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage and technically lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers.
- Foster an engineering mindset, relentlessly avoid toil, and maintain high standards.
- Be a voice of reason in architectural and design discussions.
- Ultimately, be responsible for the reliability of all restaurant- and partner-facing services, and the success of the company.
You Should Have
- Individual contributor experience working as an SRE, or DevOps experience plus a deep understanding of the philosophy of SRE
- Managed on-call engineering teams that have been responsible for critical systems core to revenue generation
- Extensive experience working with large distributed systems / microservice architecture for serving web traffic
- Experience monitoring distributed systems and have opinions on: what metrics to use and when to alert
Tools we work with:
- Java (microservices code) and Python (infrastructure code)
- AWS (ec2, s3, sqs, sns, elasticache, ...)
- Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Datadog, Splunk
- Envoy service mesh
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.