Sr QA Engineer
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team. In this position, you will perform various kinds of testing and automation activities to enforce the highest level of product quality for our multi-brand $1B+ ecommerce company. We're actively searching for QA Engineers to support newly created teams at FTD who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Partner with developers to drive cross-functional efforts with the goal of ensuring high quality on end-to-end product functionality
- Innovate and invest in tools and solutions that'll help increase the efficiency of product development
- Develop automated testing systems that leverage in-house scripts and commercial tools for complex, multi-tiered and multi-tenant cloud-based applications
- Develop, modify and execute software test strategies
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Find opportunities for continuous improvements to our software system and product
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1-5 years' professional experience as a Software Test Engineer, with a focus on test automation
- Solid OO design and implementation skills using Java/Python/C# or similar
- Experience creating automated test frameworks for web applications or other software
- Ability to write excellent test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Familiarity with databases and capability to generate complex database queries
- Familiarity with UNIX systems
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A champion of quality, able to test and vouch for the integrity of the product
- Possess an analytical mind and can break down complex problems into solvable components and believe that no detail is too small to be overlooked
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment
- The ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to test code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- Experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles or have used them in practice.
- Possess a basic understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- E-commerce experience
- Experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Microservices architecture and practices
- REST service development and methodologies
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.