Sr QA Engineer, Zoro Tools
Position: Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Reports to: IT Director
In the past eight years, Zoro has progressed from a six-person organization operating out of a 2,000 sq. Foot facility and offering fewer than 100,000 products to a 300+ person organization offering more than 2,000,000 unique products in a new 60,000+ sq. Foot facility.
Imagine what we could do together in the next eight years.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer is a critical part of Zoro’s Quality Assurance organization to support the development of cutting-edge, sophisticated and high-performing applications that supports Zoro’s business. This position requires an active team player and self-starter who is flexible, shows initiative and uses creativity to meet challenges in a fast-paced software development environment. The Sr. QA Engineer is knowledgeable and passionate about automated software validation and has the drive to continuously improve the software quality while reducing the overhead of software validation.
- Develop test plans, define and create test scenarios, execute test scripts, assess test results, and report defects as directed
- Help move test cases from manual execution to automation, while executing all manual tests where necessary
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to QA engineers
- Effectively work with, UX/UI, product owner, and development to gather and understand requirements
- Work with software development teams as needed to develop and better integrate automated testing tools and test harnesses as required
- Work with software engineers as needed to identify and resolve defects
- Create system level test plans
- Utilize automated testing tools
- Complete understanding of SDLC management practices and methodologies with emphasis on software defect identification in an agile environment
- Work with Project Manager and with multiple teams across the company
- Work with Business Owner and Stakeholder
- Understand business applications
- BS/MS Computer Science or related; 5- 8 years of software validation experience, including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years of experience creating, maintaining and executing automated test scripts using professional quality custom developed or industry standard tools
- Expertise in the validation of web- and non-web based multi-tiered Python applications
- Experience with MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server and related database and query analysis tools.
- Fundamental understanding of Linux based Operating Systems.
- Fundamental understanding of git, branching, merging and conflict resolution.
- Experience in code review in a collaborative software development environment
- Knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and industry best practices.
- Ability to see the business application beyond the software requirements.
- Demonstrated high level of software test skills and able to design complex test cases
- Demonstrated skills in validating high-quality applications in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience in continuously improving product quality
- Meticulous in completing tasks on schedule, with high quality, and with attention to detail
- Experience in Agile or Extreme Programming environments
- Solid team player yet self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision effectively
- Experience with test automation tools such as Robot Framework, JMeter, Locust and Selenium
- Use of software engineering tools (e.g., GitHub, Jira, Jenkins)
- Experience with change management and configuration management
- Robot Framework/Selenium