At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we've made a habit of impacting our clients through creative solutions as we leverage our collaborative approach across this global firm. Our commitment to technology is second to none. We constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our employees, which in turn assures our continued growth. Our Quality Assurance team is looking for a Sr Manager DevOps.
Reporting to the Head of Quality for International - The Sr Manager DevOps plays a crucial role within the Application Development organization. Our Managers have deep development experience and a passion for quality. They help bridge the technical and non-technical teams in order to solve complex problems and ensure Quality effectiveness. This role will leverage a strong desire to improve quality through technology and manage skilled resources in a fast-paced and innovative environment. In addition, this role will be accountable to execute the transformation roadmap for our International technology teams as it relates to release management and DevOps.
The Team’s Focus
We have a diverse, global IT Quality Assurance and DevOps team supporting quality initiatives across all TransUnion lines of business including the support of International testing. The team is developing cutting edge software test methodologies and platforms to exceed high quality expectations and improve timing of our application lifecycle.
This Manager role is responsible for representing and managing the implementation of DevOps and will provide transformation oversight across all markets to ensure that objectives are met based on the international technology transformation roadmap.
How You’ll Contribute:
- DevOps leadership in a matrixed environment for all projects managed by Global Technology.
- Hands on Manager of a team of onshore and offshore resources; coach and mentor team members
- Build / Mature an advanced technical team that emphasizes quality through Automation and Continuous Integration.
- Continue a strong relationship with Product teams, Application Development, and other Quality teams to build better test strategies and solutions.
- Collaborate with Application Development teams to increase unit test coverage and overall code quality.
- Evaluate and implement quality frameworks to enable faster application delivery.
- Build upon strategic plans and Quality roadmaps
- Identify and implement code quality metrics around performance and efficiency
What You’ll Bring:
- 15+ years of Quality Assurance / Application Development experience
- Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) experience a must
- Transformation experience a must
- 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing test automation
- Deep understanding of different automation architectures tools and processes (eg. Selenium webdriver, Specflow frameworks a plus)
- Strong technical background in software development with a distinguished track record on implementing technically demanding projects
- Preferred experience with .Net, Java, Abinitio, and ETL
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence in a matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience in a technical IT environment
- 5+ years experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Hudson, Docker, or similar.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.