Solution Delivery Engineer (Contract Role)
He/She ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and customers. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems.
This Requirement is of a Systems Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully functional and self-directed
- Moderate complexity assignments - owner (1 or >)
- Low complexity assignments - provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Sees the whole picture and adjusts work accordingly
- Determines need for and Responsible for installing and configuring server operating systems and build/utilize OS provisioning repositories where available
- Writes batch and shell scripts for computer systems automation and information gathering.
- Review computer systems performance and identify, recommend and implement corrective actions
- Documents server design run books and mentors other with less experience
- Develop guidelines and installation instructions for software programs and code upgrades
- Build Operating system patch deployment schedules to efficiently execute mass patch deployments
- Responsible for storage configurations and general understand of SAN Storage and tools
- Participate in the execution of Disaster Recovery exercises and own specific server tasks
- Possess a full understanding of server hardware components, including blades, enclosures and/or physical servers
- Knowledgeable with network design, components and computer systems interactions
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- OS Platform Requirements (varies on OS platform of position):
- Windows 3+ years hands on administration of Windows OS environments
- VMware 3+ years hands on administration of VMware environments
- Linux 3+ years hands on administration with RHEL or other Linux environments
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- Understands the competitive landscape from both a business and technical perspective
- OS Platform Preferred Requirements (varies on OS platform of position):
- Windows: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialists ﴾MCTS﴿, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- VMware: VMware Certified Professional - VCP
- Linux: Red Hat Certified System Administrator
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.