Software Engineering Lead
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
What you do at Avant:
- Lead an engineering team and provide mentorships, reviews and technical guidance
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day.
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- You’re a pragmatic generalist programmer who will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers’ experiences
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description