At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work. Best of all this is a work from home opportunity!
As a member of one of our product teams, this person will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders. Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient in object-oriented design and development and unit-testing, Web Services, and web pages preferably in ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
- Should be familiar with Systems Architecture and developer tools
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
During the last three months, you would have:
- Built something that you are proud of
- Learned something that you are excited about
- Done the best work of your career so far
- Found innovative ways to increase the quality and velocity of your work
- Exercised creativity and solved cool problems
- Demonstrated passion for writing quality software
- Contributed to a shared code base
- Strengthened your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
- Built relationships and communicated with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Analyzed and spearheaded improvements to the systems and software that are important to your team
- Managed risks, escalated priorities and helped to resolve issues that could impact production quality
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.