At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Software Engineer, your primary mission will be to design, write, test, deploy and support new implementations for the tools that drive Relativity. You will use your technical expertise to design and write enhancements for the Relativity platform. Your eagerness to learn new technologies and solve complex problems will make you the ideal candidate. Excellent communication skills are critical in this role as you will be expected to raise issues early and clearly document your code additions, test procedures, and project results. Your success in this role will provide you with extensive knowledge of the innerworkings of Relativity and open up a number of opportunities within our organization.
- Work on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services.
- Learn how to build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers.
- Actively participating in our SCRUM process
- Improving application system performance
- Document your code additions, test procedures, and project results
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems
- Handle client support issues on-call 2-3 times per year
- 1-2 years of software development experience of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or other related subject
- Experience in .NET software development, preferably using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.