Vail Systems Company Profile
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a team to develop, maintain and support distributed system applications at Vail. You may also be called upon to support third party voice applications related to speech processing technologies.
What we need to see from you:
- 2+ years of experience with Erlang or exposure to any other functional language environment, or very strong skills in any other language like C++ or Java but should be willing to undertake the requisite studies for application to the current systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX, HTTP, Networking
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language like Perl or Python
- Basic experience with SQL
- Familiarity with git, cvs or other version control software
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills in multi-tier environments
- Excellent communication in written English
- Good degree of agility in daily work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience administering web servers
- Familiarity with compiling and building software in Linux environments