Who we are:
Wyzant helps connect people with educators through personalized learning. We challenge ourselves to build the best products possible but work hard to retain a relaxed, casual environment. Outside of getting things done, you can expect to find people who love to learn and socialize, play games or talk shop with others in the company.
We believe in frequent releases and pushing our product forward with as few hurdles as possible. We build our engineering process around this belief, and always look for ways to improve here.
Who you are:
You take pride in your work, helping others learn and you look for the same from everyone on your team. Your past experience shows an eye for detail and a desire to talk about that new thing you just learned or that new skill you picked up.
In short, you feel passionate about pushing a product forward that helps people learn, and working with others who feel the same.
Our Tech Stack
Below are the sorts of things you’d expect to see under the covers:
- Back-end: Ruby 2.4+, Go 1.9+, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Front-end: Rails 5.x, Vue 2.x, Webpack
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, Mocha, Jest
- Mobile: Highly rated, native iOS and Android apps
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, HAProxy
- Tooling: GitHub, TeamCity, Trello, Slack
What you'll do:
As part of our team, you will join a group of experienced engineers developing web-based apps and services. Some of the things you will do include:
- Software development in Rails, Vue.js
- Build, develop and deploy new features and enhancements
- Collaborate with your team to ship as often as possible
- Learn more about our customers and apply improvements to our platform
This is what we’d look for from your experience.
- 2+ years experience developing web apps or services
- Experience with design and implementation of applications in Rails
- A curious learner, passionate in picking up new concepts & technologies