Job Description Summary
The primary objective of our Java Software Engineer is to participate in the development and maintenance efforts of a multi-year re-platforming project. This individual will leverage their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Java / J2EE Software Engineer is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, i.e. program module, and at the system level, i.e. integrated applications. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
* Codes J2EE software applications
* Creates and executes unit test plans
* Researches and corrects defects
* Participates in functional and technical specification reviews
* Participates in creating and executing integration level test plans
* Develops detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements
* Researches technical solutions to business problems
* 5+ years hands on enterprise application development experience.
* Strong understanding of OO programming (Java / JEE technologies, Spring) and concepts
* Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
* Experience with Source Control (Git) Build Automation Tools (Maven)
* Experience in developing database structure including test driven development in code first fashion on RDS and No SQL.
* Broad knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Wily, AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
* Experience and understanding of AWS EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDS, S3, GovCloud (nice to have)
* Amazon Certifications are highly desired
* Strong Linux operating system knowledge
* Advanced knowledge about cloud security and best practices
* Hands-on experience in open source technologies like, Docker, Git, Springboot, Tomcat would be a plus.
* Work with teams managing underlying IaaS (AWS) to perform capacity planning and to coordinate platform scaling tasks.
* Understanding of cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!