project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
In an industry first, we are integrating with all freight carriers so that our customers can rapidly obtain quotes and dispatch shipments, which today is a manual process. We need your help building out the APIs and tooling to streamline the freight carrier integrations. We are looking for someone comfortable working in a DevOps team, where you will help design scalable systems not just at the code level, but down to the cloud infrastructure and networking levels.
The ideal candidate will have java expertise, be able to quickly ramp up in a Java stack, take initiatives to completion and thrive in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- 4-6 years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support)
- 4+ years of development in Java
- Thorough understanding of software development process, automation, and testing
- Experience with various types of relational/NoSQL databases
Tools We Work With
- Ansible for configuration management and remote orchestration
- Linux (Ubuntu), Tomcat, Nginx, Spring Boot
- Kafka, Zookeeper, ELK stack, Aurelia
- Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB
- Hadoop, Spark
- Zabbix, Grafana, New Relic
- Git, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Slack