Software Engineer in Test Internship
What is iManage U?
iManage U provides students the chance to experience a dynamic, rapid growth technology company first hand. iManage will provide a structured 10-week paid internship program which delivers project-based activities, improved knowledge of business fundamentals, tackling complex problem solving, collaboration & team building and some fun Chicago experiences along the way! This year, iManage U is set to kick of Monday, June 10th and wrap up Friday, August 16th.
Goals of the Program:
- MAKE AN IMPACT: Leave your mark on your team by owning and completing assigned project
- MENTORSHIP: Learn from teammates across departments & gain perspectives from a diversity of people
- NETWORKING: Meet & connect with as many interns and iManage employees as possible both during & after work hours
- GUEST SPEAKERS: Learn from our leadership team and ask questions during our lunch and learns!
- GIVE BACK: Make a difference locally by volunteering in the community
- FUN: Enjoy social events, and everything Chicago has to offer this summer!
What Can You Expect?
Our Software Engineers in Test (SETs) work on Agile teams and closely collaborate with our development, user experience, and quality assurance organizations. You will have the opportunity to be immersed within our iManage product suite and will be working on the development and the automated testing of our products. We’re looking for passionate developers with a quality-oriented mindset. You will take part in a test-driven development process while working closely with other SETs and fellow interns on the team.
- Researching and analyzing requirements/design to determine test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities of our product suite
- Creating and updating documentation to be used within the team; figure out what works, and what doesn’t
- Collaborating and communicating with team and management regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for students who are hungry to learn and passionate about technology. You enjoy working within a collaborative team and take ownership on meaningful projects that will impact our over one million users. To break it down more, see below:
- Pursuing your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technology related field
- Knowledge of programming languages (Java, C, C++, C#, etc.)
- Experience with scripting (Perl, Python, VB, etc.)
- Self-starter that is motivated to learn new things and work within a team, but also has the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
iManage transforms how professionals in legal, accounting and financial services get work done by combining the power of artificial intelligence with market leading document and email management. iManage automates routine cognitive tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work while maintaining the highest level of security and governance over critical client and corporate data. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organizations in over 65 countries – including more than 2,000 law firms and 500 corporate legal departments – rely on iManage to deliver great client work.