You will be involved in all facets of the software development process from inception to deployment. You should enjoy building new products, researching and developing new technologies, and coming up with new ideas. We are looking for a customer- and product-focused engineer.
You'll be an integral member of one of our emerging product teams, helping to build travel-focused web applications. Your goals will include developing and improving our web applications, designing and implementing A/B tests, building new features, and contributing to the experience our customers have come to expect from Rocket Travel and our partners. You’ll be working with our front-end builds (Angular and other frameworks), and our back-end REST API’s (built in JVM languages).
- Having ownership in our products and our customers' experiences, building features that can be implemented and deployed in a matter of hours.
- Learning and growing professionally while being set up for success, collaborating closely with experienced business/design/technology teammates.
- Working with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record of delivering great products.
- Developing software using AWS, GitHub, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching.
- Choosing your own computer/gear.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Enjoying unlimited vacation, with free travel credits.
- Working remotely as needed, in a team with a remote-friendly culture.
- Learning at bi-monthly engineering lunch-and-learns for professional development.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our dog-friendly Chicago office in the West Loop.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.