You'll be an integral member of one of our emerging product teams, helping to build travel-focused web applications. Your goals will include developing and improving our web applications, designing and implementing A/B tests, building new features, and contributing to the experience our customers have come to expect from Rocket Travel and our partners. You’ll be working with our front-end builds (Angular and other frameworks), and our back-end REST API’s (built in JVM languages).
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
- You are interested in sharing ownership and product direction for our customer-facing web applications.
- You are passionate about learning and helping your teammates learn.
- You have developed and deployed one or more large scale Angular projects.
- You have worked with consuming/calling REST API's.
- You are familiar with at least one Java/JVM language (Java, Groovy, Kotlin, etc.).
- You have worked with relational databases.
- You are familiar with agile programming methodologies.
- Having ownership in our products and our customers experiences, and take actions that can be implemented and deployed in a matter of days.
- Learning and growing professionally while being set up for success, collaborating closely with experienced business, design, and technology teammates.
- Working with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for delivering great products.
- Developing software using AWS, GitHub Enterprise, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching.
- Choosing your own computer/gear.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Enjoying unlimited vacation, with travel credits.
- Working remotely as needed, in a team with a remote-friendly culture.
- Learning at bi-monthly engineering “lunch and learns” for professional development.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our dog-friendly Chicago office in the West Loop
No recruiters, please.