Software Engineer - Android
Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
Our engineering team is building a platform that powers a dynamic marketplace poised to disrupt the way people get their lunch. Do you dream of complex problems that stretch your imagination and force you to grow as a problem solver? We are a close-knit product development team of 33 engineers, PMs and data scientists, tackling technical problems around scaling, rapid user acquisition, machine learning and optimization challenges in every vertical, every single day. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
Will you join us?
About the role:
- Design, Implement and deliver cutting edge Android applications, driving features from conception to release
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems
- Deliver highly scalable, performant, testable and readable code using OO best practices
- Work collaboratively with an agile team of developers, designers and product managers
What You Should Already Have:
- 2+ years of experience building Android applications
- Working knowledge of the Android platform and tooling
- Understanding of Android application architecture and use of design patterns
- Solid understanding of fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and software design
- Passion for new technology and mobile applications
- Experience with Gradle, Espresso, RxJava, or Kotlin is a big plus
- Strong experience in Computer Science and Software Engineering; degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is a plus
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k matching
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.