Software Developer - Automated Trading Systems
Title: Software Developer - Automated Trading Systems
Optiver’s Automated Trading Software team is striving to develop the world’s best automated trading system. We solve a variety of problems with high degrees of difficulty: managing scarce bandwidth resources, building extremely low latency systems to respond to market events, and automatically pricing diverse sets of financial instruments with extremely low error tolerance. All of this must be done with the future of our company and of trading in mind. We must build systems with little tolerance for failure which we are sure will add to the stability of the market, not detract from it. These systems must also be simple, flexible, and well-architected so they can quickly be changed to meet the dynamic needs of our traders. We already have a team of great developers, but we need more.
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary global market maker, trading on major financial markets around the world. We opened our first office in Amsterdam and now have locations in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. Optiver employs over 900 highly educated professionals worldwide who are continuously improving the way we work and striving for excellence in everything we do. Being good is not good enough, and it’s everyone’s responsibility to make our company better. Founded in 1986, Optiver has been profitable every year of its existence.
• Design, develop, support, and maintain our automated trading system.
• Develop a deep understanding of options trading and exchanges.
• Work closely with traders to design new functionality, trading systems, and algorithms.
• Consistently ship bug-free software.
What you'll need:
• Experience in software development focused on programming C++ or Java on Linux.
• A creative mind which explores all possibilities when solving a problem.
• An understanding of how to collect and parse data to guide your decision making process.
• A high level of attention to detail satisfied with nothing less than perfection.
• An insatiable desire to solve problems and win.
What you'll get:
25 days paid vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room and more!