Site Reliability Engineer
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Avant strives to build reliable and easy to use systems. We believe in measuring all aspects of our applications and infrastructure. Our focus on automation and process improvement enables us to accomplish innovative, scalable and reliable systems.
We value constant self-improvement, honest feedback, clear communication and empathy for the users of our services.
What you do at Avant:
- Prepare applications to work on Docker, Kubernetes, and other hosted systems
- Assist development teams with moving applications through all levels of SDLC
- Ensure application health and resiliency
- Educate and evangelize software systems knowledge across engineering teams
- Manage cloud resources
- Build scalable and reliable software systems
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Intermediate level programming experience. We use a mix of python, golang, ruby and bash
- Basic level experience with infrastructure as code. Terraform, packer and ansible are our tools of choice
- Intermediate Linux operating systems and containerization. We use Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of networking resources - VPN, DNS, TLS/SSL
- Experience supporting production web applications
- Have worked with monitoring systems such as Sumologic, Datadog, and Prometheus
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description