Site Reliability Engineer Team Lead
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will lead day to day operations of the SRE team, and will collaborate with TechOps leadership team on the overall department strategy. You’ll act as a liaison between the SRE team and stakeholders, advocate for high quality solutions, eliminate roadblocks, and support the team’s shift to a true DevOps culture. In addition, you will mentor team members and build a collaborative environment, allowing the team to reach their full potential.
- Prioritize operational requests for the team. Ensure good balance of operational vs project work
- Set up strategy for on call rotation and report on team metrics
- Support recruiting activities and onboarding of new hire
- Lead major incidents from identification and troubleshooting through to service restoration
- Support troubleshooting activities with the appropriate individuals, teams, or vendors
- Champion best practices and create frameworks to drive stable and scalable processes
- Work closely with SE and Product teams to advise on sound operational strategies
What you should have:
- Experience with devops as a culture
- Passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing engineers
- Proven project management skills, specifically the ability to estimate scope, break up problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change
- Experience troubleshooting ambiguous problems and performing root cause analysis
- Understanding of IT infrastructure (Linux, network technologies, relational databases, web technologies, etc.)
- You have your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Previous e-commerce experience
- Experience with a programming language (Ruby or Go is a plus) and PostgreSQL
- Experience with monitoring and metrics software for RCAs and performance trending, such as (but not limited to) Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, and Grafana
- Experience working with on calls and teams located in different timezone.
About our team:
The SRE team prides itself on the breadth and depth of knowledge it maintains in understanding and orchestrating crucial operational activities across the portfolio of businesses within Enova. We work closely with key departments to resolve customer facing issues, assist with root-cause analysis, and continuously look for ways to improve overall system performance while supporting our Call Center with technical product issues.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.