Senior Test Automation Engineer
What we do
Strike Social harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in YouTube and social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike Social manages 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Beats, Xbox, Honda, Mattel, Lionsgate and Trunk Club. With a workforce presence in 16 major markets — including headquarters in Chicago and offices in Kraków and Manila — Strike Social was recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine for the second consecutive year. Learn more at strikesocial.com.
How do we do it
We are a growing team of independent thinkers who bring their diverse talents and backgrounds to help build a programmatic media-buying platform. We work in an agile environment, and frequently pair program to improve collaboration and software quality. We are polyglots and you’ll see us use languages and frameworks like Python, Typescript, Angular2, Flask, and Pandas. Our infrastructure relies on Nomad, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nginx, Redis, Postgres, Redshift, and Auth0.
You are a passionate engineer who loves solving the world’s problems with state of the art technology. You’ve got solid coding chops, and have demonstrated an ability to identify and learn new tools, languages and technologies. You welcome feedback and use it as a way to improve your own skills and methods. You are a mentor and understand the value in helping and developing others. You are pragmatic and know how to strike a balance between building long-term value in software, and meeting business goals in a timely fashion.
If you are passionate about building high-quality products and are motivated to make an impact in evolving a test-driven culture, we would love to talk to you.
- Architect, design, and build test automation for Strike’s flagship SaaS solution
- Develop an overall quality strategy in collaboration with Product Management and Technology leadership
- Champion and enable a culture of quality throughout the Technology team
- Partner with product management to develop product and feature acceptance criteria
- Drive the evaluation and implementation of automated testing tools
- Build integration tests to automate the regression of back-end systems
- Develop automated functional scripts using tools such as Selenium
- Perform exploratory and manual testing of the product suite as appropriate
- Mentor other members of the team in testing methodologies, best practices, and standards
- Experience working with automation tools and in building automated tests
- Working knowledge of driving a testing culture in agile software development
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Ability to assess software changes for risks and potential impacts
- Strong understanding of current web and API testing methodologies
- Expertise in at least one high level programming language, for example: Python, Ruby, Java, or C#
- Familiarity with database technologies and proficiency in SQL
Working at Strike Social
Strike Social is a close-knit, work-hard/play-hard environment. If you want a fun, challenging and rewarding experience, apply to join our team! Aside from standard (and generous) employee benefits, Strike offers unlimited PTO, an open office environment, casual dress code, a spectacular Loop location and frequent team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.