Senior Storage Engineer
The Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research environment to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for an experienced storage engineer who likes being challenged, hates to climb corporate ladders, and loves working in fast-paced environments. In this position, you will take over the management of our existing storage infrastructure and be responsible for the design, automation, management, and roadmap of future storage solutions to support our large-scale research environment. As part of a small team, you will help set the direction for storage solutions and have plenty of freedom to research, propose, and test new hardware and software to improve the performance and usability of our research environment.
- Design and manage enterprise storage solutions from multiple vendors
- Research and experiment with new storage solutions
- Troubleshoot complex storage, OS, and networking issues
- Build tools to improve the performance and monitoring of storage clusters
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise storage configuration, deployment, troubleshooting
- Experience with distributed file systems used for large-scale cluster computing
- Python and shell scripting experience is a plus
- Experience with Linux and NFS
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to fix and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
- You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.