Senior Solution Architect
About the Company
Are you a self-starter? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for a Senior Solution Architect to join our team!
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will be responsible for designing data science solutions for Civis clients as a part of the sales process. You will also be responsible for delivering new solutions for new markets and providing strategic recommendations to top tier clients with Civis leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate Civis’s data science solutions to prospects
- Gather the client’s technical and business requirements and partner with sales person to design and propose solutions to meet client requirements
- Guide prospective clients through technical evaluations of Civis solutions
- Scope implementations of Civis solutions and partner with Technical Delivery Managers to ensure successful handoff
- Define new solutions based on Civis’s past client experiences and helping to bring those solutions to market in a repeatable fashion
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years experience in either software sales engineering or implementation experience
- Expertise in a particular vertical (i.e. Healthcare, Finance) or solution set that Civis offers
- Intermediate experience writing code in either Python or R - can troubleshoot and/or make customizations to existing code written by others
- Experience working with data beyond Excel/spreadsheets
- Can manage cross-functional project and deal teams
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as client technical stakeholders
- Appropriate understanding of technical concepts and understanding of when to pull in technical experts.
- Flexibility with working hours and travel. This role requires travel of up to 30%.
- Experience setting up software integrations and or data/ETL workflows
- Intermediate knowledge of Python or R - can troubleshoot and/or make customizations to existing code written by others