Senior Software Test Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, the team will look to you for testing not only at the feature level, but on the product level. Not only will you be involved in writing tests and feature specs with developers, it’ll be your responsibility to manage test implementation and quality validation for the entire project. This includes everything from choosing and laying the groundwork for new test suites, to pushing back on deadlines when a project needs more TLC before release. Product confidence is a top priority for each team, and we’ll look to you to be its vanguard in each project.
What you should have:
- Experience with any programming language, we welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds
- You are comfortable focusing on automated testing, but can manually test when necessary
- Experience leading testing projects and balancing multiple concurrent projects with varying priorities
- Passion for software quality, using open source technologies, and learning new things
- You love to stretch and break other people’s code and are comfortable writing tests to validate code
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members about progress, challenges, or new ideas
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with TDD, Cucumber, Selenium, or Rspec
- Working knowledge of testing modern web standards
- Testing experience in scalability, performance, or security
- Code on GitHub for personal or public open-source projects (send us links!)
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. We code in RoR, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Vue and other JS frameworks for front-end development. The teams are responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served over 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.