Senior Software Engineer
higi is a population health enablement company that empowers consumers to measure, track, and act on their health numbers – blood pressure, pulse, weight, BMI, body composition, hydration -- through easily accessed higi self-screening health stations currently found at over 11,000 retail locations.
Healthcare organizations connect to their consumers through higi to activate them in their health and to help them monitor their health data. In turn, healthcare organizations use higi to identify and act on areas of risk, close care gaps, and improve chronic condition management.
By empowering consumer self-management and more effectively connecting consumers to their trusted providers, higi makes it easier for people to be their healthiest while enabling better care at lower cost.
Learn more at https://higi.com
Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced startup that defines the next generation of consumer healthcare engagement?
Accepting applications for Higsters!!
higi SH is looking for talented Sr. Software Engineer to join the team and make it easier for people to live their healthiest. We are looking for a talented software engineer with strong development, problem solving, and communication skills to join us and be part of this exciting game-changing journey! Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced startup that defines the next generation of consumer healthcare engagement? Through an assortment of compelling platforms, including health kiosks, mobile apps, and a web portal, higi works to raise consumer awareness, incentivize adoption of healthy behaviors and improve life overall.
- Work closely with the product team to build high quality software within higi’s micro-service architecture using cutting-edge Microsoft and cloud technologies
- Participate in the architectural design, implementation and testing for release
- Anticipate business needs and propose efficient technology solutions to requirements
- Provide estimates to project management
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines
- Theoretical and practical computer science background
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Proven track record of developing high quality, high-performance, and scalable software in a SOA-based environment
- Experience with .NET 4.x or later
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience implementing and consuming RESTful web services with ASP.NET Web API.
- Experience with both Microsoft SQL Server as well as NoSQL / non-relational database technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of network protocols
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS is a plus
- Experience with .NET Standard or .NET Core is a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Benefits Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life, Short Term, and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time
- Paid Gym Membership
- Office Happy hours, ping pong table, pool table, foosball, shuffle board
This is a full-time position that requires a presence in Chicago (no remote workers please) and only for US citizens or Permanent Residents. CONTRACTORS, TELECOMMUTERS, PART-TIME APPLICANTS AND RECRUITERS PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING.