Senior SDET/QA Automation Engineer
Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented QA Engineers, Software Engineers, Leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our high quality global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
Our Product Groups:
Individual Investor – building products like Morningstar.com and mobile apps for individuals like yourself
Institutional Investor – developing some of our flagship products like Morningstar Direct for institutional investors and our Advisor products for financial advisors
Workplace – this is where we build and provide our hosted digital advice platform for Retirement plans, 401K’s, etc. (what some call robo-advisors)
Data – this is the heart of Morningstar where all data is sourced, collected, transformed, calculated and distributed across the world
At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are looking for QA Automation Engineers or Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who specialize in full stack QA (Front end, Webservice, & Non-Functional testing) to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. Every day, you’ll work with team members across disciplines developing products for investors. You’ll interact daily with our product managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward. We want to work with other engineers who bring knowledge and excitement about our opportunities. These positions are based in our Chicago office.
- Build test automation framework, as well as play a part in maintaining our existing suite of automated tests to be used by the entire Agile squad.
- Develops and maintains functional test cases, System & Integration Test cases and test artifacts like test data, test cases and automated scripts used in SDLC.
- Reviews functional requirements and determines the data requirements for executing the use cases end to end from creating functional manual cases to automating the cases for regression.
- Executes manual or automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and reports test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes
- Ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing them end to end.
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
- Act as test lead in various work streams working closely with Product Managers and Developers, while collaborating across teams
- Mentor other Engineers on test methodologies, test automation, coding standards and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a related field.
- Strong experience with OO programming and concepts.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance practice.
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, and code review practice is strongly desired.
- Good engagement and collaboration skills and a strong team player.
- Pro-active, flexible and creative.
- Experience in handling multiple projects with changing priorities and meeting concurrent deadlines.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.